Friday, February 25, 2011

My struggles

I feel like I am being attacked right now by Satan. Have you ever noticed that when you know you are following what God has asked of me to do. is when Satan comes a knocking. There has been some struggles with people asking me questions about why I am wearing a head covering and why I am only wearing skirts now. I answer them politely and then it seems like that there is always the last word they have to put in before all said and done with. I will say this right now that I know what I am doing is what God has asked of me and this is what I must follow. Then there is the looks that I get when I am out and about. I guess I need to work on my own vanity to help with this one. I also feel like my kids think I am crazy. My daughter has had her friends ask if we are turning Amish and things like that. Then there is my daughter and how she dresses. She usually dresses modest but I feel like it just is not enough, and the way God has asked of females to dress is not what she is wearing. She is 13 and at that age were anything that someone thinks of you is very important in her eyes. Which is my fault  because of my own worries that I have had about the way I look for well most of her life. I just don’t know what to do about that. I have totally changed my way of thinking only  by the grace of God  has this way of thinking changed in my heart. The things us women have to go thru as young girls then the images are  in to our young girls faces that make us and them all feel inferior about our looks. If we only just actually read our bibles and see what God asks of us we would not have these worries. I do know that ever since totally changing my way of dressing and thinking I have noticed that those images and those thoughts of feeling like I am not good enough has well mostly gone away. I am so blessed! The thing that I am struggling with right now is what to do about the way my daughter dresses. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment