Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Deuteronomy 22:5 ??? what do I think

"A woman shall do not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a man put on a womans garment, for all who do so are an abomination to the Lord your God."

So what is it about this verse that make me feel convected yet again? Well I am thinking it means that I am not to wear mens clothes. Well are mens clothes slacks? So are my jeans that I am wearing right now an abomination to God? So this is my next quest is to find out what I think about this verse.

This post is written over a period of time and as I have found something in my prayers and studying I added it. These again are just my ramblings.

first off I believe that men and women are equals we are just here for different reason. The man is the man and the woman is the woman we have different roles in life so why not embrace these roles? So from there I think that God wants us to embrace these differences, and one way of doing this is by our clothing. I feel more like a woman when I am wearing a dress or a skirt.

So with that all said as I have read, studied and prayed about this verse I still am not sure with what it is exactly saying. If you read it out right it plainly says women are not to wear anything that pertains to men and the same for men. But what is it that pertains to men only? Does that mean armor like some people say or is does it mean anything that a man wears. I know that not to long ago women were not to wear pants. I am sure that it started with this scripture. I just don't know I will have to pray more for clarity on this one.

But my thought on what to wear is this. I feel like I would like to wear more dresses and not just from the confusion I have on this verse but because I feel different more like a woman. I feel like I am also letting my husband take his husband role. I love my husband and I want him to feel like a man in all the sense that that can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment