Wednesday, February 16, 2011

How I'm feeling about all this modesty.

As you may know from earlier post you know I have changed the way I dress. I am now covering my head and also wearing skirts that are modest. I have to say I was kinda nervous about all of this because I know that I will look different then everyone else around my town. My daughter was even asked if we were turning Amish. :) Well I do not quite understand that one because the head coverings that I am wearing are nothing like what the Amish wear. They are more like a big head band or a bandanna style.

I do have to say that I do love the way I feel dressing this way. I find it very interesting that my feelings on my weight have changed. It must be that I am not wearing jeans which do not flatter most womens bodies also I was always worried about if I had a bulge were there shouldn't be or if my butt looked fat or one of the other 5 million different things us women worry about. Now I do not worry about this anymore because I do not have a fear of someone looking at me. I know that I am covered modestly. Before I didn't think that I was not dressing modestly. I do notice now that people look at me, my face not look down then up to my face. It is an awesome feeling to know now that my husband is the only one who will see what my figure looks like. Don't get me wrong I don't dress in a plain way I dress more modern then that. But my legs are covered to my ankles and my shoulders are always covered. I also cover my head. So for someone to look at me they really only can look at my face because no other part of my body is showing.

Most importantly I feel closer to the Lord because I know I am dressing the way He has asked me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment