Friday, January 27, 2012

Being content with out having so may things.

A woman of contentment is aware of her needs and what God has already supplied to meet them. ~Priscilla Shirer

H4OMG00Z

Wow if I only had read this years ago. She is so right. Now that I am content with my life I know that God will provide for my needs. This is all I need. My prayer for all women is that they will all feel this feeling of contentment that I feel. I remember the days that I didn’t feel content with my life. I kept thinking that oh if I just had this much more money I would be happy if my husband did this for me I would be happy and so on and so on. Do you think any of these things made me happy? NOPE!!

 

read these verses

1 Timothy 6:6-10

6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8 But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9 Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

These verses change a lot for me.  I think of all the grief I have saved myself from by understanding these verses.

HRL9G00Z

Hebrews 13:5

5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”[a]

I read this and it gives me the sense of content every time.I know that when I trust in God he will provide for me and my family.

The choice my husband and I made when we decided that I would stay home, raise our children and homeschool was made so much easier for us to make when we understood these verses. We knew on paper that the money was not working so we cut back on things make a new budget. It took some time getting used to but now it is just second nature. I am happier now then I ever was and we just make it each month. God provides for us in so many ways. The biggest way is that when we pray for piece of mind we get it.

I pray that if you are thinking about staying at home and think you just can’t because the finances are not there I am here to tell you that you can! I know that there are some situations that not every mother can stay home with their babies and be keeper of the home. I also know that this is what God has asked of use and we need to ask Him to help us get to that point and He will if you trust in Him. It may take a few weeks to a couple of years but don’t you think that it is worth it? You children and your husband and your home is worth it!!

   God Bless

   Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment